Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Life at the top...

On Sunday I ventured out for a drive up the coast with a special someone, the conversation turned to whether wealth, riches and success are for everyone and why are there some people who believe that the love of fashion, super yachts, luxury cars is superficial and materialistic?? But I must say that the view from our Audi was much better than from a Hyundai....

I have always wondered why if you can live life at the top why would you want to live any other way? Growing up my brother and I always had an abundance of great food, luxury surroundings, comforts and brands. Despite being immigrants in a new country my parents and especially my mother instilled in us the passion for the good life. She taught me that you can do without many things but when it comes to good food, health and looking good that these were non negotiables. She was right!!!

The question is why would we choose to live life any other way? There are people living in the apartments we want, driving the cars we love, wearing the brands we adore and it is such a pleasure to be part of that universe. Superficial? Wrong? Materialistic? I dont believe so! I believe it is our divine right to want to achieve the very best for our lives and for those that we love and to enjoy the surroundings in which we live each day. Beautiful things inspire me, cheapness does not...call that wrong but it feels soooo right!! I believe that true wealth comes with being connected spiritually and that you can definately have it all if only you take the risks and have a big enough dream.....

In life we make choices about who we want to be, how we want to live and then take the steps to achieve all that we want. Some make choices for greatness, which requires some level of risk. I remember reading that when we have more money we also have more opportunities to spend it, to lose it and that responsibility is not something some people want. Being "comfortable" is easier, with success comes a risk that you could lose it all....but as its better to have lived and loved than to never have loved at all, this is also true for wealth....

Love, money, spirit are all part of this beautiful world and we are here to enjoy them....definately nothing superficial about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500