Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jimmy Who??



As women many of us have this love affair or should we say obsession with shoes. Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Christian Louboutin, Chanel or maybe even Mollini or Evelyn Miles.

One woman who knows shoes is Kim Kardashian. Kim has long been one of the most fashionable celebrities in Hollywood and the co-founder and chief stylist for ShoeDazzle. Kim is now joining forces with Soles4Souls who's simple mission is to impact as many lives as possible with the gift of shoes.

I guess I have never really thought about the many children in the world who have no shoes to wear. With only a $5 donation which is the cost of a Starbucks Venti Frapuccino you can make a world of difference and put a smile on a child's face. What an amazing gift!!!



Before you tell yourself that you cant afford $5 or you'll do it tomorrow...At times I too felt that I didnt have the money to give. During that time I was living in Miami and each day I would come downstairs from my apartment on the beach, see homeless men and women begging for food and money. It was then that I realised that TODAY they need the $5 more than I do and I didnt even have to miss out on my Starbucks.

How great will you feel next time you're buying a latte and wearing a beautiful pair of shoes, you will remember that you have given that feeling to a child who will most likely never get to see a pair of Manolo's.....and Jimmy Who??

xx Mia Sudakov

Go to: www.50000shoes.com/donate.html

I'm putting my money where my mouth is.....(receipt attached)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500