Monday, March 1, 2010

Where do I start???

With the many new projects on top of bringing the world of Private Access to life, I feel that I have neglected my writing. But what I realised is that creativity cannot be forced and that focussing on to many things at once doesn't work!!! In this wonderful high tech world of ours we can talk on the phone, email, go shopping, read a book and exercise all at once....oh my head is spinning already!

I received a wonderful email yesterday which hit the nail on the head. It was titiled "Where do I start"....exactly what I was thinking when it appeared in my inbox...funny that!!

It is often in the quest to achieve, that we try to juggle too many balls at the same time and instead of mastering the art of juggling we seem to be doing many things at once but not getting anywhere with any of them!

It's hard enough to be successful in one field and there you are doing five things at once! Say you're juggling one ball. There's a good chance you're not going to drop that. If you're juggling two, that should be a little harder. Three, a lot of people can't do it. What about five? How many do you think can do that? Almost no one, right?

Most people feel OBLIGATED to try and do more than one thing at a time thinking it will bring them more money. The trick is to do first thing first, one thing at a time, and once you have mastered that one thing, move onto the next. This is how you create multiple streams of income. Trying to do it all at once is a big no no.

So today I decided that I will of course continue to write and blog but instead of stressing myself over the fact that it's not every day, I will be much kinder to myself and blog twice a week or when the creative force works through me! Often we think that the world will come to an end of that there are people who are counting on us to do as much as possible... What I found is that we're not much use and not very present when we're thinking of the million things on the to-do list....

So I've committed to doing one thing and doing it well! Or maybe two... :-))

1 comment:

  1. My life precisely, beautiful friend. Your words have described me to the tee. Thank you for the reminder. love and more love from Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500