Monday, October 18, 2010

Learning to Eat, Pray & Love

There is a journey we all must take at one time or another to re discover who we truly are. I recently attended the premier of Eat Pray Love with Julia Roberts and finally was able to make sense of the many journey's I myself have taken over the years when things came to an end in my life. And end to a relationship or a transition in my career path or to mend my broken heart and weary soul from the challenges of life.

The only thing I have known is to jump on that plane and head to another country in search of myself. To find out who I was yet again because I have found that as we transition from one chapter to another at times we need to look deep within to see the person we no longer are and the person we wish to be.

Some would say that taking off on another adventure is running away, I would say that it takes courage to pack up your life yet again and to leave the familiar behind....for me its running towards something new and I have found that each time I have grown immensely from the experience and was able to create the life I truly wanted only by taking a break from the life I had outgrown.

As Julia Roberts in Eat Pray Love has everything that 'should' make her happy her spirit is in need of something greater. I believe that knowing thyself is one of the most important things we must undertake in this lifetime if we are to find lasting joy and fulfillment. We must define who we are, what we love, what is no longer us and go about re discovering the new woman that is waiting to be seen.

By some I have been often labelled as high maintenance. I am not sure whether it's me knowing exactly what I want and stopping at nothing to attain my goals & dreams or it's the fact that I know which food makes me feel good, which activities make me feel bad and which places drain me of my energy....in some people's eyes this could be way 'too hard' but in mine I see it as the most liberating path to truly knowing what makes me tick and what doesnt and only focussing my attention on what works for no one else but ME. Yes its all about me - in my wisdom I have learned that no one takes care of you but YOU and through getting to know yourself you can finally learn how to truly live without limitations. You can finally let go and be free to be who you were meant to be. You can also focus on the 20% that will give you 80% of what you truly desire in this life. They call it high maintenance, I call that smart!

So whether you need to learn to Eat, to Pray or to Love, the journey begins within but sometimes there are special places that we can travel to which will help us to learn the lessons we need to evolve on our path and sometimes we need to stay right where we are and find that place deep within our own hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

msn live traffic
Latitude E6500